Happiest Summer to Everyone! Hope that corn on the cob is being eaten, fireworks watched and lightning bugs caught. For me and my brethren, summer tradition includes art festivals and performances. This weekend is one of my favorites! Artscape in Baltimore is an annual festival that completely encompasses all arts~ hand crafts, dance, music, culinary and more.
When: Friday, July 18, 11am- 9pm
Saturday, July 19, 11am- 9pm
Sunday, July 20, 11am- 8pm
Where: The festival takes place in the Mount Royal Avenue & Cathedral Street, Charles Street, Bolton Hill, and Station North Arts & Entertainment District neighborhoods.
Artists' Market is located on Mt Royal, I will be in space E69.
Who: Me, you?, these folks http://www.artscape.org/visual-arts/visual-arts-detail/4 and these too http://www.artscape.org/visual-arts/visual-arts-detail/3
Facebook event here and here.
SUMMER CONTEST TIME
|Some young visitors to my studio, with their summer souvenirs|
I'm feeling a little nostalgic being in my 9th year of business. I've sold thousands of goods and made many people happy, while diverting fabric and materials from the waste stream. Like any mother that never sees her kiddos again, I'm feeling the need to re-connect with the fruit of my hands, if you will.
Thus, now through Labor Day, Monday, September 1, 2014, enter to win in the first ever Fusion Photo Fray: Creations on Vacation. Post a photo of you and your goodies on social media, tag Jen-A-Fusion and this will be your entry into the contest (aka Fray).
For most websites, you will have to like/join/friend Jen-A-Fusion on the following pages:
Some rules, which might be changed, broken, amended or adhered to at any given time.
1. Photo should include enough of the Jen-A-Fusion product that it is recongizable to me, the artist.
2. Neither you, nor the product, actually have to be on vacation. You can be in your back yard. You can be at your mom's house. You can be in Antratica. Doesn't matter.
3. This is not a Photography contest as such. There might be extra points for artistic merit, but a good old purse selfie would be just fine.
4. I may award special prizes for special situations, so do feel free to get creative! For example, think a Roman warrior might have had a carryall attached to his horse in battle? Photoshop it! Think that Marie Antoinette might have rocked one of my clutches? Photoshop it!
5. No purchase necessary. You do not have to buy a new purse to enter, nor have purchased the item. Gifts are always nice to show off.
6. Feel free to tell the story of where, when or how you bought it, if you remember. Tag the store or show. Spread the online love.
7. More to come, perhaps. I love to tweak rules and as these are mine, I can do it!
8. Questions? Feedback? Comment here (comments are subject to approval, so will not show up right away), post on my FB page, or send an email to email@example.com.
So, get your phones out and snap some pics of Creations on Vacation for the first ever Fusion Photo Fray!
Enjoy your summer and eat some ice cream for me! ~Jen