Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Studio sitting times at the Torpedo Factory Art Center
Starting this coming Saturday, May 4th, I will be studio sitting a few times a week at the Torpedo Factory Art Center! I'm excited for several reasons:
1. Hello! I got juried into a nationally recognized art center. That is pretty exciting! :)
2. The center gets thousands of visitors per year, which is much more exposure to my work, and I will have more interaction with other artists and techniques that I have been wanting to try.
3. It is closer to the metro DMV area, in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. Fairly metro accessible. Lots to do and see around the Factory.
4. I get to studio sit for a very talented painter, Jennifer Brewer Stone. She loves to work in color in hyper saturated, surrealistic arrangements. Being around her work makes me happy. You doesn't love that?
5. I will still have my studio at the Workhouse Arts Center and my building mates will be able to open it, if you would like to visit it while I'm not there.
6. I will have set times and days there! You will be sure to find me, unlike now, as I am more flexible with my times at the WAC.
Here are the days and times I'll be at the Torpedo Factory Art Center:
Saturday, May 4 10am-5pm
Monday, May 6 10am-6pm
Tuesday, May 14 10am-6pm
Saturday, May 18 10-5pm
Sunday, May 19 10-6pm
Tuesday, May 21 10am-6pm
Sunday, May 26 10am-6pm
Monday, May 27 10am-6pm Memorial Day!
Saturday, June 1 10am-6pm
Tuesday, June 4 10am-5pm
Sunday, June 9 10am-6pm
Tuesday, June 11 10am-6pm
Saturday, June 15 10am-6pm
Sunday, June 16 10am-6pm
Tuesday, June 18 10am-6pm
Sunday, June 23 10am-6pm
Tuesday, June 25 10am-6pm
Sunday, June 30 10- 6pm
These dates might still ebb and flow as the needs of Jennifer and I might change over the next two months. I hope a few of you might be able to stop by and say hi! I would love to see some friendly faces around.
**I will be in Studio 227, on the second floor, tucked into the corner at the top if the spiral staircase.
Thank you once again for your support during my journey! ~Jen
Green Tip~ Take metro and use the FREE trolley in Old Town Alexandria
There is a free hop on, hop off trolley service that operates from the metro to the river, where the Torpedo Factory is located. The trolleys are hybrids that were especially designed for Alexandria. They are wheelchair accessible and have bike racks on them too. If you are looking to bike the GW parkway, this is a great option too! I plan to use the trolley to save on parking fees!
For more information about the trolley, click here.